Develop a comprehensive supply chain management program for all aspects of sustainability – the environment, health and safety, and social compliance.
- To identify potential for improvement in the company’s sustainable sourcing approach.
- To get an overview of the current approach to sustainable sourcing and develop a gap analysis.
- To produce an audit checklist that can be used for all suppliers.
- In addition, an evaluation of the need for specific audit checklists will be conducted, which may be necessary in order to cover all suppliers’ specific processes.
- To conduct audits on a few different categories and suppliers in a few countries.
- To define the business value of creating a sustainable sourcing management program.
The interview findings were summarized and guided the continuous work on this project.
An audit toolkit for the social, environmental, and health and safety aspects was developed which included the following elements:
- Supplier self-survey questionnaire
- Agenda for opening / closing meetings
- Audit checklist
- Audit report
- Follow-up form (CAP, Corrective Action Plan)
- Document request list
- Guidelines for opening and closing meetings
Furthermore, pilot audits were performed together with the company’s staff on selected core suppliers and the results were presented to the project steering group together with a roadmap and proposed next steps.